Well I've been working part time at a massage studio my friend owns and helping out with random business stuff. Perks for working at a massage studio... FREE MASSAGES. Oh yes, hehe it's a beautiful thing.
Yup but aside from work, I've been getting back into a lot of ol hobbies I haven't done in YEARS, so many years.
I discovered recently that an elderly neighbor across the street from us double majored in Art and Engineering. I got him to trade services with me; I bake him cookies, he gives me art lessons. So I get art homework every week. We're starting with drawing. Rendition after rendition of PITCHERS! I'm so sick of them. Morandi can keep the pitchers. But, my neighbor says I have to draw well if I want to be a realist painter. So more pitchers it is....
Another fun thing I've been re-visiting is Ballet. I took it many years ago with my sister. We'd gone as a family to see the Nutcracker and I fell in love with the dancers. So Laurianne and I signed up! We only danced for a couple years, but we were able to get up on pointe shoes in that time and do a lot of fun performances. One of the masseuses at the massage studio tipped me off about a place in Belltown that offers adult ballet classes for a very decent price. So last Friday, I attended! I never realized how much I really loved Ballet and the good work out you get from it until I went to this first session. I was dancing circles in the streets after the lesson. I can't wait for this Friday.
Boating! Got up on water skis for the first time the other day.
And HIKING! Can't get enough of it. I go once a week with a friend. We've done Rattlesnake Ledge, Little Si, Mt Si and this week's hike is Otter Falls, a good 10 miler.
Gotta love the Washington sunshine, that's all I have to say :)
No comments:
Post a Comment