That means Christmas concerts! My parents and I went out last Saturday to such a concert being put on by Eric Tingstad and Nancy Rumbel: professionally known as "Tingstad & Rumbel" on their Cd's. They've been doing music together for 25 plus years. Both went to school for music. Eric plays classical guitar, Nancy plays the ocarina, english horn and the oboe (and a lot of percussion instruments, she pretty much plays everything) and the combo of the two of 'em makes for very wonderful background Christmas music for hanging stockings, trimming the tree, wrapping presents, sitting by the fire etc..
Tingstad & Rumbel, Mannheim Steamroller, A Carpenter's Christmas, Motab and some of the classics (Frank, Ella, Bing) was pretty much the x-mas playlist in my house growing up.
The concert was great! I've never seen someone play the oboe so well. Nancy makes it look so easy. And Eric is an amazing classical guitarist, I got dizzy watching his fingers move so fast.
And now it's official! Christmas time is here
I hope everyone has a great Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment